CARICOM IMPACS Sub-Agency
Regional Intelligence Fusion Centre (RIFC)
This sub agency is in Trinidad and provides support to Member States in intelligence gathering, sharing and analysis. It is staffed mainly by attachments from individual Member States, who are seconded to this Centre for an initial period of two (2) years.
- Members and Associate Member States of CARICOM
- International Partners
- Regional and International Organization and Agencies
The JRCC Objectives
- To provide 24/7 support to CARICOM IMPACS-Joint Regional Communication Centre (JRCC) in Border Protection and Continuity Operations.
- To collect information that reveals the plans, intentions and capabilities of threat entities and provide the basis for decision and action.
- To produce timely analyses that provide insight, warning and opportunity to the decision makers charged with protecting and advancing the Region’s interests.
- To provide Standardized Training and Major Event Support to Member States.
- To establish Regional and International Liaisons in support of the Intelligence Mandate.
- Prevention of Criminal and Terrorist Activities.
- Detection and Containment of Persons of Interest.
- Profiling of Persons of Interest Entering the Region.
- Tracking of Persons of Interest Traversing the Region.
RIFC Mission & Vision
To provide intelligence support to regional and international stakeholders in furtherance of the security imperatives mandated by CARICOM.
A Centre unmatched in its core capabilities, recognised as an authoritative and effective intelligence support mechanism, functioning as a single point of contact, fully integrated into the global intelligence community for the promotion of safety and security in the Region.
19 Keate Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago